Wheelock's Latin
Ah, finally I bought myself a copy of the Wheelock's Latin.
I found a used copy of the book in Pay Less Books. It's the fourth edition, not the latest sixth edition, but still a valuable tool to learn Latin. The book is in good condition and only costs RM20, what more can I ask for?
I really hope now I have time and energy to finish this book. I have too many books left unread.
So, now it's the time for agricola, agricolae, agricolae, agricolam, agricolā...
I found a used copy of the book in Pay Less Books. It's the fourth edition, not the latest sixth edition, but still a valuable tool to learn Latin. The book is in good condition and only costs RM20, what more can I ask for?
I really hope now I have time and energy to finish this book. I have too many books left unread.
So, now it's the time for agricola, agricolae, agricolae, agricolam, agricolā...

2 Comments:
Why the urge to read a dead language? Though it's pretty fun :)
If you read my very first post, you will see that this blog is especially dedicate to languages, linguistic and esoticism.
People say Latin is a dead language because it does not have any native speaker left, so no Romans will give you dirty look when you mispronounced a word. However, Latin is still one of the official languages of the Vatican. Pope Benedict XVI is working to promote Latin in the Catholic Church after its declining for the past 40 year .
Learning a language can be fun, but at time it can be frustrating as well. I tried to learn Assyrian on my own but the only book I have on the subject is hopelessly user-hostile, so I give up learning the language until I could find a suitable book.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home