Sunday, April 22, 2007

Kitty Gematria Game

Yesterday when I came back from gym in the evening, I found out there was an uninvited guest in my room.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my room was a mess, with my books and incense all over the floor.

Then I found out the uninvited guest hiding in my bookshelf, shivering in fear. It was a small, white and brown kitten.

My copy of Zohar tumbled on the bookshelf, my Isis pendant fall on the floor, thanks to this frightened, adorable little fellow.

I did not close the windows of my room when I went out early in the morning, so this little fellow probably found its way into my room through the windows.

Adorable and pity as it was, my housemates and I do not wish to keep a kitten in the house, so we had no choice but chase it out of the house.

Later at midnight I pondered on this visitor, what does this mean? What omen does this little feline bring?

Since the kitten hided in my bookshelf that contains my collection of Kabbalistic books, I decided to use gematria to see what omen it brings.

The Hebrew word for cat is חתול ChThVL, and the gematria value is 444 (8 + 400 + 6 +30), so I look for other words that contains the value of 444.

444 sounds like a bad sign for a Chinese, for 4 shì is a near-homophone of “death”. But since I am not a typical Chinese, I don’t really buy the interpretation of this “triple death”.

To my delight, I found out that the word מקדש MQDSh “sanctuary”, also contains the numerical value of 444, and is it simply a coincidence that the kitten hided in my occult bookshelf?

And later, I found out that 444 is also the value of רא הוור כו RA HVVR KV “Ra-Hoor-Khu”, a variant of the name of the god Ra-Hoor-Khuit that appears twice in Liber AL vel Legis (AL, II:64 & III:11).

If we transform 444 into 4 x 4 x 4, we will obtain the number 64, the total sums of hexagrams in易經Yìjīng, the Book of Changes, and it is also the value of נוגה NVGH, the planet Venus.

This is getting more and more interesting.

As mentioned before, 444 as the gematria value of Ra-Hoor-Khu, and the numerical value 64 is obtained from 444. Verse 64 of the second chapter of Liber AL is one of the two verses in the book that mentioned the name Ra-Hoor-Khu.

AL II: 64 reads as: “Oh! thou art overcome: we are upon thee; our delight is all over thee: hail! hail: prophet of Nu! prophet of Had! prophet of Ra-Hoor-Khu! Now rejoice! now come in our splendour & rapture! Come in our passionate peace, & write sweet words for the Kings.”

The little kitten visited my room on Friday, the day of Venus. Just as mentioned above, 64 is the numerical value for נוגה, the Hebrew word for Venus. The English word ‘Friday’ is named after the Norse goddess Freyja, and cat was considered as a sacred animal to this goddess.

So what message does this little kitten bring to me? I don’t really know for sure, but based on the above interpretation, I suppose it is a good omen, asking me to look for divine sparks in my life. And regardless what omen it is, I had a fun time exploring the gematria, thanks to this little kitty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Magus Young said...

Its A Sign!!! Wow a kitty in stumbling into your room. Might be meant to be your PA in your readings of the dark arts.. Post a pic of ur Kitty, N

Fellow Learner of Higher Magic
Magus Young

9:13 AM  
Blogger Nishiki said...

Too bad my housemate chased it out of the house and currently I don't have any plan to keep a cat as my familliar. :)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home