Monday, January 07, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I am not the type of person that normally makes New Year resolutions, but for this year, I will try to stick on these few things related to languages:

  1. Read through the St. Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society’s Bohairic Coptic lessons. I had downloaded Plumley’s Sahidic Coptic grammar, but I decide to stick on St. Shenouda’s before moving to Plumley’s.
  2. Revise my Latin verbs.
  3. Obtain a copy of Dobson’s Learn Biblical Hebrew. I saw a copy of this book in the Gardens’ Borders last month, and currently saving money to get myself a copy of the book.
  4. Learn Tagalog. Just after New Year, I develop an interest in Tagalog, so if I am really free, I might self-teach the language by using Badayos’ Filipino for Everyone.


All these are related to languages, in other aspects, I will definitely change my job this year, and hope to find a better career, pursuing my own dreams. I am still in consideration if I should apply St. Raphael the Archangel Theological Seminary. The Licentiate of Sacred Theology interests me a lot, but I am still uncertain if I should take the seminary.


I would be very happy if I achieved all four of my linguistic resolutions, but I would be happiest if I do get a better job and achieved what I have been working so hard to obtain in the past few years.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emo-Happiness said...

Happy New Year to you !!

Although I don't really understand your blog of the languages, but I do see great passion there.

Cheers!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Mr RM said...

Good luck Nishiki. May you dreams come true for 2008

7:36 PM  
Blogger Nishiki said...

Thanks guys...

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home