Turkish Delight
The Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at Dataran Hamodal yesterday did chomp off part my monthly saving, and I have to be more careful on spending now, but it was not at all an unpleasant experience going to the warehouse sale.
The books I bought are mostly concerning history and language, and a very delightful find is a set of Teach Yourself Beginner's Turkish, containing a 224-page coursebook and two audio CDs. The whole set costs only RM20 (approx. USD$5.2), an amazing bargain. Other language related books bought in the clearance sale include Teach Yourself German and Teach Yourself Beginner's Arabic Script, each costs RM8 (approx. USD$2.25)
I always want to learn Turkish, but always have problem finding suitable materials. Though I have a copy of Elementary Turkish by Lewis V. Thomas (bought from Payless Books), and it is undeniable a very useful and usable book, I still wished to look for a better introductory Türkçe course for beginner.
Teach Yourself Beginner's Turkish is just the right book. The 10 lessons are arranged systematically; each lesson contains short dialogues, basic (and non-threatenning) grammatical points, vocabulary lists, cultural information and exercises - all are essential parts of a well-organized language didactic book. The accompanied CDs are of satisfying quality as well, and they are certainly indispensable part of the whole package. I would say the whole set is çok güzel !
Perhaps after finishing the 1o lessons, I will continue to the good old Elementary Turkish.
The books I bought are mostly concerning history and language, and a very delightful find is a set of Teach Yourself Beginner's Turkish, containing a 224-page coursebook and two audio CDs. The whole set costs only RM20 (approx. USD$5.2), an amazing bargain. Other language related books bought in the clearance sale include Teach Yourself German and Teach Yourself Beginner's Arabic Script, each costs RM8 (approx. USD$2.25)
I always want to learn Turkish, but always have problem finding suitable materials. Though I have a copy of Elementary Turkish by Lewis V. Thomas (bought from Payless Books), and it is undeniable a very useful and usable book, I still wished to look for a better introductory Türkçe course for beginner.
Teach Yourself Beginner's Turkish is just the right book. The 10 lessons are arranged systematically; each lesson contains short dialogues, basic (and non-threatenning) grammatical points, vocabulary lists, cultural information and exercises - all are essential parts of a well-organized language didactic book. The accompanied CDs are of satisfying quality as well, and they are certainly indispensable part of the whole package. I would say the whole set is çok güzel !
Perhaps after finishing the 1o lessons, I will continue to the good old Elementary Turkish.
1 Comments:
WELCOME TO my blog, now it's my turn to visit urs ya...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home