Monday, December 11, 2006

Lillian Too's Feng Shui Space Clearing Kit


Yesterday after my gym session I went to a bookstore nearby my fitness center and bought a copy of Lillian Too’s Feng Shui Space Clearing Kit.

The kit contains three Chinese ingot shaped sandalwood incense, fifteen Nepalese stick incense, a tài shaped incense burner, a singing bowl, a small cushion for holding the bowl, a wooden mallet and an instruction booklet.

I bought this kit for RM34.90, a bargain consider it actually costs USD$29.95 in the States.

I just had to giggle when I came across the passage in the booklet about the spiritual ability of Yap Cheng Hai, Ms. Too’s master, concerning his conversation with mummies in the British Museum. I wonder what language he used when converse with the mummies, would that be Middle Egyptian? If so, how would he vocalize “m Htp, anx(w), uDA(w), snb(w)”?

Anyway, regardless what you might think about Lillian Too or fēngshuĭ, as a reviewer in amazon.com stated, it is the singing bowl that makes this kit well worth buying. The sound created by the bowl is soothing and beautiful, great for stress relief.

A side note: The word fengshui should not be spelt with a space in between the two syllables, i.e *feng shui. When writing pinyin Chinese words, the structures of two or more syllables that indicate a complete concept are linked together. The initial f in fengshui is spelt in minuscule when not appear as the first letter in a sentence.

2 Comments:

Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

Do you play the singing bowl well? Well, I tried numerous time before getting it right. But the one I used was from Nepal, not Lilian's ;)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Nishiki said...

I am still a beginner in playing singing bowl. Where did you buy yours? Dzambala Mystical Treasures seems to offer some nice ones.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home