Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Icon Hottest Hunks - A Geomantic Reading


Several months ago, before submitting my entry form and photos to the New Icon Hottest Hunks in Malaysia competition, I did a geomantic reading to see the result, if I would be chosen as one of the top 30 finalists.

And this is the result of the reading:

Mater I: Acquisitio
Mater II: Puer
Mater III: Albus
Mater IV: Albus
Filia V: Rubeus
Filia VI : Fortuna Minor
Filia VII : Fortuna Major
Filia VIII : Fortuna Minor
Nepos IX : Laetitia
Nepos X : Populus
Nepos XI : Laetitia
Nepos XII : Via
Testa XIII : Laetitia
Testa XIV : Caput Draconis
Judex XV : Via

The final outcome, the Judex, or Judge is Via, according to usual conventional interpretation, Via is generally unfavorable, except for matters pertaining to journey or progress. In fact, the thirteenth century Bartholomew of Parma in his Summa Breviloqium categorized Via as one of the unfavorable geomantic figures.

However, certain Arabic sources have different interpretation of the figure Via, known as al-Tarīq in Arabic. Ahmad Ibn ‘Ali Zunbul who lived in the sixteenth century considered Via as the most powerful geomantic figure, being the sum total of four elements.

It is probably safe to say that the outcome indicated by Via is neutral or mixed, the result is largely depending on other geomantic figures, and the most important figures would be the two Testes, or Witnesses, in this case Laetitia and Caput Draconis, known in Arabic as al-Hiyān and ‘Ataba Dākhila respectively. These two witnesses are auspicious signs, Laetitia indicates joy and Caput Draconis, the Head of the Dragon, indicates opportunities and beginning of positive changes.

Another thing to consider is the relation between Judex and the first Mater. The first Mater in this case is Acquisitio, or in Arabic, Qabd Dākhil. As its original Latin name indicates, Acquisitio means gain, combining with the meaning of the two Testes the prediction for the outcome should I submit the entry form and the photos, it is certain that I will be chosen as one of the top 30 finalists.

However, because of Via is sometimes listed as an unfavorable figure, when appears as the Judex, though with two favorable Testes, indicates though favorable, there are some difficulties but these obstacles can bring positive changes.

This reading is quite accurate. In early August I received a phone call from New Icon, informing me that I am chosen as one of the Hottest Hunks in Malaysia 2008/2009.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home