As if searching for a lost dream in the labyrinth of time, I looked unto the river of memory, trying to find traces of the forgotten past. If, as Heraclitus said, none ever steps in the same river twice, then we would never have the same dream twice. How are the dreams of yesterday differ from the dreams of today?
It was a lazy Saturday afternoon; the café was quiet, with very few customers. I beheld my own images.
I was looking at my own photos of the New Icon Hottest Hunks in Malaysia 2008/09. I still remember that, an afternoon 7 years ago, in my sleepy home town, after my tuition class, I bought the very first issue of the magazine. At that time, I did not imagine that I would appear in this magazine, but fate works in its own mysterious way (or perhaps the doing of a strange demon), that after 7 years I eventually become one of the 30 finalists of the male pageant organized by the magazine.
To be honest, after being selected as one of the finalists in this contest, I feel like Phaeton driving the chariot of Helios, but perhaps now it is better to hearken the words of Krishna spoken to Arjuna in the battlefield of Kurukshetra, that I should not attach myself in the fruits of action, nor taking the path of inaction.
But I was not really unhappy with the photos, even if I might not be extremely thrilled with them. The shooting day was done in August, and during the shooting I was not fully recovered from some minor illness, so it was rather tiring, but still a very interesting experience. Now, the only thing that matters for the contest is, doing my best in the final night.
Finally, I think I owe my gratitudes to Orias and Hagith, and also thanks to Azrul , Marcus, Yee Haw and my friends that support me.
1 Comments:
i saw u on that magazine....very cool...gambate....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home